Inspection of aluminum castings
The project involved the creation of a semi-automatic robotic control station for aluminum castings. W projekcie wykorzystano robota ABB wraz z systemem wizyjnym KEYENCE XG-2200 oraz specjalistyczną optyką OPTO-ENGINEERING.
The purpose of the inspection is to indicate:
- presence of the insert in the casting
- Imprinting of the insert assembly element
- jumping of the last coil of the insert during imprinting
- presence of rivets
- the color/size of the rivets fitted
- The workpiece is placed in one of two slots, by the operator, while inspection is carried out by a camera mounted on the robot’s arm. The entire component is checked for approximately 30 seconds. Numerous borehole contaminations in the form of aluminium chips and hairs were a major challenge. However, with the solutions adopted, the inspection is carried out without any problems.
- An interesting element of the programme is the data browsing application – the operator can view images from a given shift (OK or NOK parts only) searching by inspection date or ID of the given part.The programme allows you to view photos of each piece from each inspection.
- In addition, the system has been equipped with the Master Parts – Poka Yoke function, thanks to which it is possible to verify the system 2x per shift.